Nowadays, fishing expeditions become a past time of preference for many families. This type of experience now has been made even more enjoyable with the help of many different fish finder types. The NorCross HawkEye F33P is one such fish finder, produced by NorCrossMarine.com company. The technology used in this fish finder is designed to accommodate to a wide range of needs the anglers might have. This was achieved with the help of multiple features included in this unit.
NorCross HawkEye F33P Review
- Sonar beam, which is ultra-wide and offers a 99.9 feet depth range with a 25-degree angle. The cone of impressive wideness is able to reveal more of underwater area and provides the enhanced quality of target detection.
- Algorithmic programming, which serves to prevent any depth readings that are incorrect.
- Display, which features 160 by 132 pixel resolution of a screen which measures to 2.3 inches. And since the screen type is LCD, it means that should you use this fish finder under direct sunlight, everything on the screen will be still perfectly visible. Likewise, there is a feature that prevents the fog build-up and keeps the screen’s visibility unhindered, and then there’s a soft-glow backlight designed to allow you to use this fish finder during the night while keeping the information on the screen readable.
- Weed ID, a special feature which provides you with accurate readings of the underwater vegetation, showing the spaces occupied by weeds and even the height of weed. So should you fish in the areas with lots of vegetation growing below your boat, it will be still possible for you to locate fish.
- Four-level sensitivity adjustment, which allows a degree of regulation of the on-screen details. As you ramp up the sensitivity levels, the more data will be returned by the sonar. This means that you, the user, will be having a better insight under the water. But as the display will be showing much more data, you must take care against it becoming way too cluttered for you to navigate.
The aforementioned NorCross HawkEye F33P features aside, there are also several equally important aspects of this fish finder device, which include:
-Transducer, which serves to reveal different underwater structures and the fish present in this area. In order to display deep underwater areas, the transducer emits a sound wave beam, which works best once the transducer is submerged in the water. The user has the choice to fix the transducer section of fish finder unit at different parts of the boat – within the hull, at the transom, or trolling motor area. NorCross HawkEye F33 is equipped with a wide angle sonar beam-emitting transducer, which means that it can project more of sonar returns and cover a wider surface area.
-Display, and it’s important aspects, such as display’s resolution and the screen size. The higher is the amount of pixels in the resolution, the better – since it will provide you with better viewing and more advanced zoom in capability into the underwater area of your choice. A comparatively large-sized screen produces a large enough surface area, which means that the projected images can be viewed by the user more easily. When it comes to the NorCross HawkEye F33P model, its display resolution equals to 160 by 132 pixels, and it has a screen size of 2.3 inches. This helps to achieve the level of performance that is of preference of most of the fishermen around.
-Power, which can be measured either using RMS systems or peak-to-peak. Higher power output is preferable, as it produces stronger sonar signal. When such a signal is transmitted, it will be able to go much deeper into the water, pass through weeds and thermoclines. Probably most important characteristic of a strong sonar signal is its ability to show effective performance in the noisy environment that’s created when your boat is moving at high speeds. The sonar transmitter of the NorCross HawkEye F33P is able to work with different power outputs, which ensures the best performance when used under different conditions.
-Portability. As you probably know, the fish finder unit can be either fixed or portable. The HawkEye F33P model belongs to the latter type, and is typically attached to your boat with the help of a suction cup, then easily removed once you are done with the fishing. As for the fixed units, these are affixed to the boat permanently, but other than that, there’s not much overall difference between these two types of fish finder devices.
-User-friendliness and the ease of use, both of which being important aspects of a decent fish finder. When devices are user-friendly, they usually don’t have anything overcomplicated, which means that both skilled and non-skilled anglers will be able to operate them without problems. The NorCross HawkEye F33P is a good example of such kind of a fish finder unit. This is achieved through a range of features, for example any incorrect depth readings are automatically prevented with the help of algorithmic programming.
Comparison of NorCross HawkEye F33P to Other Fish Finder Models
As various fish finder models typically differ from each other, it is recommended to compare features, pricing, and the user feedback of the various fish finder models. This will create a solid basis for you to make a decision about purchasing a particular model.
Talking about the HawkEye F33P, we have found that it may be a bit worse compared to the similar fishfinder models in the same price range category. While it’s merely an opinion of ours, we believe that Garmin Echo 100 may be a better unit in this price range. In any case, you can check the interactive comparison table on our web page in order to compare NorCross HawkEye F33P to the other kinds of fish finders out there.
NorCross HawkEye F33P comes with pros and cons on its own, as you can see below. Being aware of such information is quite important since it will allow you to rate the capability and performance of this fish finder more precisely.